In order to minimize the time needed for refurbishment and get the computers to the schools, libraries and not-for-profit learning organizations faster, CFS-NB prefers to receive donated equipment that is in good working order.
We accept all computer equipment. We prefer to reuse donated equipment but we will accept older or non-functioning equipment for proper recycling. Fees for recycling CRT monitors and televisions may apply.
Removing data is the responsibility of the donor, but we will help donors where possible to ensure that their data is deleted. For added protection, CFS-NB erases all data stored on the hard drives using either DBAN or Secure Erase. If the drives are non-functional data will be removed using a degaussing machine or physically destroyed using a punch or drill.
- Desktop Computers
- LCD Monitors (all sizes)
- Fax machines
- Powered Speakers
- Computer Mouses
- Scanners (USB; original software included)
As a registered charity, tax receipts can be given to individuals or companies who donate reusable computers, monitors and printers. Receipt amounts will be reduced if units are non-functional or components are missing. Receipts are not issued for other components (such as keyboards, mice, etc) when donated separately. Tax receipts will not be issued for donations with an assessed total value less than $10. Registered Charity Number: 896456720RR0001
Below is a list of donors who have been kind enough to donate their used (but still usable) computer equipment to our program. The milestones we reach and the goals we surpass would not be possible without their generous donations. Everyone at Computers for Schools-New Brunswick thanks them for continued support.
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada provides funding and organizational support on a national and provincial level.
- Bell Aliant and the Bell Aliant Pioneers provides volunteers, computers, workshop space, Internet service, warehousing, Transportation, and shipping materials.
- The New Brunswick Education and Early Childhood Development provides ongoing office support services, mailing services, payroll services, general administrative support, Financial resources for upgrade parts, and central workshop space.
- Provincial and Federal Government Departments
- The RCMP - Division J
- ADI Engineering
- City of Fredericton, City of Saint John and other municipalities
- Regional health services
- Irving Ltd
- and several others
CFS-NB offers a pick-up service for donated equipment but it is dependent on a number of different factors. Please contact us for more details.
If you prefer you can drop off your donated equipment to our office, located at 125 Hilton Road, Fredericton, NB. If you are not in the Fredericton area contact us to find out the drop off location closest to you. Please note that large deliveries should be called in ahead of time so that CFS-NB can prepare for the shipment.