The following groups are eligible for equipment from CFS-NB
- All public schools and First Nations communities
- Not-for-profit organizations
Please contact us to see if you qualify for refurbished equipment.
There may be costs associated with transportation from the workshop. Please contact us for more details.
Please note: applicants may be asked to pay for the cost of upgrading donated computers to meet their specific needs if donated equipment is not available.
School-level Equipment comes with the following:
- Core2 (Quad core), i-Series or AMD equivalent
- 4 GB
- 160 hard drive or larger (120GB SSD for laptops)
- Optical Drive
- Network capabilities
- 19" or larger LCD Monitor
Non-Profit-level Equipment comes with the following:
- Core2 or AMD processor
- 2 GB (1GB for laptops)
- 80 GB hard drive (40-60GB for laptops)
- CD or DVD ROM
- Network capabilities (Wireless by request)
- Linux based Operating System
- 15" LCD Monitor
- Some upgrades are available at cost. (Windows 10, MS Office, hardware upgrades)
For more detailed information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Public schools and First Nations communities should apply through their IT support staff at the district or Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
You may need to download the form and open it with Acrobat Reader for the print and e-mail buttons to function properly.